Pol. Lt. Gen. Akkaradet revealed that the case of The Icon has not yet issued an arrest warrant for Lot 2, and is in the process of considering the evidence. Meanwhile, the mastermind is urgently analyzing the testimony to see if 'they are the real victims or trying to change their own values'. Coordinating to track down and seize assets before they are transferred. On October 23, reporters called Pol. Lt. Gen. Akkaradech Pimolsri, Assistant Commissioner-General of the Royal Thai Police and head of the case team investigating the Icon Group company, to discuss the progress of the prosecution regarding the preparation of arrest warrants for the second batch of offenders. He said that no arrest warrants have been issued today because they are currently in the process of examining the evidence. He could not yet say whether an arrest warrant will be issued soon because the evidence still needs to be thoroughly analyzed. As for which groups will be subject to arrest warrants, we will have to look at the evidence to see who they are. However, at this time, it has not yet reached the celebrity group that will face additional legal action. When reporters asked whether the main network group will be involved, Pol. Lt. Gen. Akkaradech said that they are currently analyzing the main network's testimonies. He would not conclude whether they will be involved or not. They will have to analyze their testimonies to see if they are the real victims or if they are trying to change their values. The group that will be issued arrest warrants in the next lot will be prosecuted on charges similar to the first group. When reporters asked whether Mr. Kant Kantathawon's wife would be involved in solicitation, Pol. Lt. Gen. Akkaradech said that if the evidence leads to anyone, legal action will be taken without exception. Pol. Lt. Gen. Akkaradech continued that the money laundering charge that is being prepared to be filed against the 18 suspects in the first group still needs to be examined to see how much evidence is ready. As for how much clear evidence there is, it is considered a basic offense that is continuous with the grounds of defrauding the public. Pol. Lt. Gen. Akkaradech also mentioned the investigation of the suspects' assets, saying that they are still continuing to investigate and have coordinated with the Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) and the investigation team to inspect which assets need to be seized before any transfers. The value of the assets seized so far totals several hundred million baht. Source: Thai News Agency
Raid to seize assets of ‘The Icon’, arrest warrants not yet issued for Lot 2
Home » Raid to seize assets of ‘The Icon’, arrest warrants not yet issued for Lot 2
RECENT NEWS