You are here
Home > Education > Thai woman murdered in South Korea back at home today

Thai woman murdered in South Korea back at home today

The body of a 29-year-old Thai woman from Nakhon Ratchasima province who was murdered in South Korea early this month was flown to Bangkok early Wednesday morning amid tears of her family.

Ms Chutima or Ple Uthaikham who lived in Ban Sa Krok in Nong Bua Sa-ard sub-district of Bua Yai district was flown home on Thai Airways' Flight TG 657 from Soul.

Her father Samrit Ploenjitcharoen was also on the flight from South Korea. He flew to South Korea to identify his daughter and produced official documents to the Korean authorities to secure her body back home for funeral.

Samrit said on arrival at Suvarnabhumi airport that there was no new development in connection with the motive of the murder.

The South Korean police said only that the murderer is mentally deranged.

No details of the arrest of the murderer was revealed, he said.

But earlier report said the South Korean murderer had earlier confessed that he fell in love with the Thai girl but she refused so he was angry and killed her.

Her body was later found at Gyeongsangbuk-do.

Ms Chutima worked in South Korea.

She has married Mr Chaiwat Moonthep and has one daughter. Both of them later went to work in South Korea and sent money back to their families.

After five years in South Korea, Mr Chaiwat has separated with Ms Chutima and has a new wife who was also a Thai working in South Korea.

He and his new wife have later returned to Thailand but Ms Chutima was still working at a factory in South Korea because she still has a large amount of debt.

On the date of murder, Ms Chutima has taken a factory's bus to work as usual and she met the South Korean bus driver who worked at the same factory.

He liked Chutima and repeatedly asked her to accept him as her boyfriend but she denied as she knew that he was a married man.

The murderer later lured Ms Chutima to go with him before attacking and killing her.

He dumped her body some 200 kilometres away from the factory in Gyeongsangbuk-do.

He was later arrested by the South Korean police.

Earlier Mrs Busadee Santipitaks, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs 's spokesperson said South Korean police have met Thai officials at the Thai embassy in Seoul.

The Thai officials there have expressed worry over the case. The Thai embassy has thanked the South Korean police as they could promptly arrest the murderer and find the victims body.

Her family prepared to hold the funeral at her home town in Ban Sa Krok, Nong Bua Sa-ard sub-district of Bua Yai district in Nakhon Ratchasima.

Ms Chutima disappeared on November 1 and police at Anseong City has searched and found her body at a hill in Gyeongsangbuk-do.

Source: Thai Public Broadcasting Service (Thai PBS)