You are here
Home > Legal > Bodies of Myanmar migrant workers to be sent to Police General Hospital for identification checks

Bodies of Myanmar migrant workers to be sent to Police General Hospital for identification checks

Families of the 20 Myanmar migrant workers who were killed in a double-decker bus inferno earlier this week would receive 300,000 baht in compensation each from an insurance company whereas families of the injured would receive 80,000 baht if it could be proven that the fire was caused by negligence on the part of the driver, Tak governor Charoenrit Sa-nguansak said today (Sunday).

He said that KSK (Thailand) insurance company would be responsible for paying the company, adding, however that the amount of compensation for both the dead and injured victims would be adjusted to 35,000 baht and 80,000 baht respectively if it was proven that the fire which destroyed the bus was not the fault of the driver.

Nevertheless, the governor said that arrangements had been made to provide convenience for families of the victims who want to come to Tak province to claim the compensation, adding that the provincial administration would take care of the accommodation and food expenses for the families while they are staying in Tak province.

Meanwhile, Pol Maj-Gen Prinya Visitthalakul, the Tak provincial police commander, said that due to the shortage of equipment at Taksin Mararaj and Buddha Chinarat hospitals to determine the identifies of the burned victims, the Mae Thor police had sought cooperation from families of the dead victims to have the bodies sent to the Forensic Science Institute of the Police General Hospital for identification checks.

Twenty migrant workers, mostly women, were killed and 26 others were injured in a fire which occurred as it was travelling from Tak to Pathum Thani province. All except one injured is still hospitalized.

Source: Thai Public Broadcasting Service (ThaiPBS)

Top